We are experiencing an exceptionally creative moment and we must exploit this richness. Therefore, we have opened a reception mailbox for everyone who so wishes can send their plays to the Reading Board.
We are looking for any type of play that can...
- Reflect our time.
- Reflect on our society.
- Innovate and explore literary or theatrical languages.
Plays from the mailbox performed:
Season 14/15: La mancha by Albert Lladó.
Season 15/16: Niu by Marc Garcia Coté.
These plays were selected by the TNC Reading Board from all those received for dramaturgy mentorship and a public performance.
How to participate
1. Send your play to the digital mailbox, firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name or pen name and contact information.
- Professionally performed plays will not be accepted, but those seen in workshops and dramatised readings will be admitted.
- The play can only be sent once to the Reading Board.
- Rewritings will only be accepted if explicitly requested by the TNC.
- Numbered pages.
- A common and easy to read typeface (12 points).
- A cover bearing the title of the play and the playwright’s name or pen name.
3. Some plays will be selected for dramatised readings. Assistance will also be provided for playwrights who wish to continue working on their texts after they have been performed.
4. Of all the pieces received, one play will be selected for a public presentation. For one year, the playwright will be able to work on his or her play assisted by the members of the Reading Board.
Xavier Albertí, Artistic Director of the TNC.
Albert Arribas, playwright, stage director and theatre translator.
Davide Carnevali, playwright and theatre translator into Italian.
Narcís Comadira, poet, playwright and painter.
Lluïsa Cunillé, playwright.
Ferran Dordal, playwright and stage director.
Laurent Gallardo, literary and theatre translator into French.
John London, literary and theatre translator, and professor at Goldsmiths, University of London.
Josep Maria Miró, playwright and stage director.
Pau Miró, actor, playwright and stage director.
Clarice Plasteig, actress and theatre translator into French.
Jordi Prat i Coll, playwright and stage director.
Xavier Pujolràs, artistic advisors. Actor, playwright and director.
Carlota Subirós, stage director and translator.