Iran: dona, vida i llibertat
- An Iranian woman's tribute
- Coordination and direction Carmen Domingo
- Sala Tallers
The death of Mahsa Amini in police custody on 16 September 2022 unleashed a wave of protests in defence of women’s rights, not only in Iran but also all over the world.
Still today, the media reports on the daily events and provides images of the demonstrators defying the authorities with the hijab in their hands.
At the TNC we want to join the call “Iran: woman, life and freedom” by dedicating a day to Iranian poetry, culture and women.
Two Iranian women tell us how politics affects everyone’s lives and, in particular and cruelly, women. We will hear readings of Iranian poems and texts and music.
We invite you toTNC to enjoy this event and to call for women’s freedom in Iran.
- Conference with the political expert Anahita Nassir and the translator Ryma Sheermohammadi. Moderated by the writer Carmen Domingo.
- Reading of Poemas enjaulados by Mahvash Sábet (bilingual edition by Ryma Sheermohammadi and Amaya Blanco. Editorial Pre-Textos, 2020), a fragment of the book Un llamamiento de Shirin Ebadi al mundo by Shirin Ebadi (Nobel Peace Prize), and two poems by the Iranian author Forugh Farrojzad from the book Eterno anochecer (La rebelión and El viento nos llevará), published in Spanish by Gallo Nero (2019). In Persian, Ryma Sheermohammadi and Behjat Mahdavi will read the texts, and in Catalan, Marta Millà and Carmen Domingo will read them.
- Popular Iranian music performance. Amb Katy Evoghli (voice) and Arsham Evoghli (guitar).
Prices and times
TimesThursday at 7 p.m.
- Running time:
- 2 h
March 2023Next month
- Coordination and direction
- Carmen Domingo
- Translation of the texts from the Spanish version
- Miquel Àngel Llauger Rosselló
- Marta Millà
Katy Evoghli (voz)
Arsham Evoghli (guitarra)
Aurora Humanitarian Initiative
Technical and management teams of the TNC
Foto Iran: Dona, Vida i Llibertat